Friday, January 2, 2009

HAPPY NEW YEAR

Happy New Year to everyone. I am not one to make resolutions because I can never keep them. I usually fail w/in the first month..LOL!!! However there is one that I can keep this year & that is the one that everyone always does....losing weight. I know I can keep this one this time because I'll be able to start losing weight two weeks from yesterday..the day I have this baby. And then my goal is to lose at least everything I gained from this pregnancy(50+ lbs). With Matthew I only gained 30 lbs but lost like 47 lbs before getting pregnant w/Luke. So hopefully I'll be able to lose all the weight this time as well. I think I might be able to since I'll be running around after two little ones.
We're hoping to get some assistance w/getting our mortgage cut down(in 1/2 would be wonderful)....so that I won't have to go back to work. As of right now I need to go back...BUT....there's been a snag in my plan of going back. I knew Wayne's parents(mom really) would not be able to take care of two little ones so I checked into daycares in the area. YIKES!!!! The prices are so high & w/what little I make I couldn't even afford it....my check wouldn't cover but like 1 & 1/2 wks w/nothing left for me. So then I talked to my one friend about watching them(she's a stay at home mom). I had it all arranged...$150/wk for both kids. Only drawback is she lives like 20 miles away from us & about 10-15 miles away from my work. BUT I was gonna bite the bullet & do it anyways. Well I guess in all the talks about it...Wayne never heard me say that she would have to put them in the car to take 1 of her kids to school(right around the corner from her house...not a 5 minute drive)....he didn't hear it 'til I was talking w/my dad & Hazel about it....then all of a sudden he started "freaking" out about her driving them around. So he put his foot down about it...so now I can't use her "services". So now I really have no choice but to not return to work.....which is a slight problem....well not for me but for my boss. She wanted to know back at the beginning of December if I was quitting....so she could hire someone & I could train them before leaving. Well lucky for her, we closed a store & the manager is training to "fill-in" for me while I'm on leave. I just can't bring myself to tell her I'm not coming back....I guess I'm hoping things will change so that I could come back.
Well I better get back to work.