Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Growing Up


Matthew & daddy taking a ride on Papa's(grandpa Rippel's) riding lawn mower. Matthew saying "hey I'm going to drive this thing by myself".

He is becoming such a lil' man. So grown up!! He's definitely not a baby anymore.

Matthew is "speaking" more & more w/each passing day. Last night we started going thru some flashcards w/him. Then I decided that we'd just pick one each Monday night at dinner & that would be his "word" of the week. His word this week is apple.....AND he did say it two times last night during dinner(as I was showing him the card). He's very smart. He knows exactly what we are talking about(no matter what the subject). For example...while he was sick a few weeks ago...he got "hooked" on the bottle again(anything to get him to drink enough fluids). Well it's gotten to the point that I want him "broke" of it again but he can be very demanding...LOL....so if he says bottle I ask him "what do you want? do you want a b-o-t-t-l-e(I spell it out)?" He then shakes his head yes.....the kid already knows how to spell bottle....LOL!!!
Well I hate to have to close but I better.